How much does mold removal and remediation cost?
If you’re wondering what mold removal or mold remediation costs, chances are, you may have a mold problem.
Mold removal costs are calculated in a number of ways. We take the following factors into account when deciding mold remediation costs for your New Jersey home or business.
- Square footage of the affected area(s).
- Extent of mold contamination.
- Area of mold contamination (crawlspace, attic, basement or interior living space).
- Time and manpower necessary to properly complete your mold remediation.
- Travel distance to and from the remediation site.
- Extent of containment necessary.
- Number and type of equipment needed to keep the occupants safe if staying in the building.
- Type and amount of necessary mold remediation products needed.
In most cases, you’ll want to have a thorough mold inspection with mold testing performed to locate all potential areas of mold contamination. Your mold inspector should be able to determine the extent of your mold problem and develop a scope of work to properly and safely remove the mold. He or she should also determine the originating cause of moisture and any secondary or aggravating factors – and prescribe the necessary work to mitigate these issues. This will help ensure that mold does not return.
Unfortunately, it is usually not possible to determine mold remediation pricing without a proper inspection or assessment. There are too many unknown factors that can cause the price to go up or down if I’m not able to see and inspect the property.