More Than Just Junk Removal
Imagine opening the door to your loved one’s house and coming face to face with just seemingly infinite piles of junk, garbage and debris covering every inch of the home. What do you do? Uncovering a distressed property or a hoarding situation is a stressful discovery. We often hear stories of people making an attempt to start the cleanup on their own, but more often than not, they end up overwhelmed and realize that it’s far too large of an undertaking to handle without professional help.
Cleanup of a hoarding situation extends beyond just junk removal. A distressed property or the property of a hoarder is usually packed floor-to-ceiling of unless junk, trash and various debris. These properties are often riddled with serious sanitation concerns, various maintenance problems and countless safety risks, likely hidden underneath all that junk. Professional hoarding cleanup technicians are trained to clear out the unwanted junk, trash and debris AND address any dirt, grime or waste buildup to restore clean, safe and livable conditions. If the burden of cleanup falls upon your shoulders, you do not have to do it alone. There are hoarding cleanup specialists in your New Jersey area who are specifically trained to safely and effectively handle these extreme cleanups.
Professional Hoarding Cleanup Process
If your goal is just to find a company in New Jersey who can help with just junk removal, there are trained professions for that job. BUT if you are looking for so much more, you need a professional hoarding cleanup company who specializes in contents removal, disinfection and deodorization.
You see, professional hoarding cleanup services go beyond just junk removal. The ultimate goal of hoarding cleanup is to restore a safe and livable environment. Professional hoarding cleanup technicians have the necessary equipment, cleaning agents and personal protection to properly complete a safe and effective cleanup. Cleaning technicians must undergo extensive technically training and safety training.
The following is a closer look at what to expect out of the cleanup process:
- Containment- Create critical containment chamber / barrier around affected areas.
- Cover & Protect- Cover & protect HVAC and electrical components.
- Air Filtration- Install temporary HEPA-filtered air filtration devices and hydroxyl generators as needed during the cleanup process to maintain safe and clean indoor air quality.
- Contents Removal- All non-permanently affixed items, like furniture and belongings, will be removed and either discarded or stored based on salvage-ability and the Client’s preference.
- Remove non-salvageable building materials- With the approval of the Client, all non-salvageable building materials will be effectively removed and properly disposed of.
- Cleaning & Disinfection- All accessible and salvageable building materials like flooring, walls and/or ceilings will be treated with a broad-band disinfectant and properly cleaned.
- HEPA-vacuuming- HEPA vacuum remaining building materials in all areas.
- Physical Cleaning- Clean, scrub and wipe remaining building materials and fixtures.
- Odor Control & Minimization- Hydroxyl and/or ozone generators will be used as needed to mitigate and/or minimize odors. An application of broad-band odor neutralizing products to remaining building materials may be necessary to achieve desired deodorization.
Hoarding Cleanup Services In New Jersey
More often than not, the cleanup process is initiated by someone other than the hoarder. It is often family, friends, property managers or those closest to the situation who initially recognizes the problem and takes action to help start the cleanup process. However, regardless if you are the hoarder coming to terms with your compulsion or if you are a loved one assisting in the process, it is important to understand that an effective cleanup is a very serious undertaking due to the physical difficulty, the health & safety risks and the overall emotional stress of the situation. Be sure to proceed with caution and avoid underestimating how involved and complicated a safe and effective cleanup may be. Usually, underneath all that junk, there are a variety of underlying problems. A professionally trained cleanup created will be prepared to handle the junk removal and cleanup, disinfection & deodorization of the space.
Mastertech’s specially trained team provides the safest and most effective hoarding cleanup services in South Jersey and throughout the New Jersey area. Our cleanup technicians have the necessary equipment and training to effectively restore the property to clean, safe and livable conditions. Our team is trained to follow strict safety standards and will utilize appropriate personal protective gear and respiratory protection.