The Facts & Concerns About Toxic Mold Removal

June 11, 2019 • Mold Removal

toxic mold removal company new jerseyThe Truth About Toxic Mold 

As we learn more and more about toxic mold and mold in general, there is a heightened awareness about toxic mold removal and its importance. Mold plays an important role in our planet’s environment. It exists everywhere, and is generally pretty innocuous.  Low level counts of mold spores are normal, indoors and out. It is ideal for your home’s indoor mold count to be equal to or less than that of the outdoor mold count. Indoor levels equal to or below the outdoor mold count are generally considered normal depending on the given condition. Every environment has its own unique mold count, therefore the normal level of spores is relative to each individual location. Mold spores drift indoors and outdoors quite freely, so there will always be some percentage of  naturally occurring mold in your home. Not only do mold spores travel through the air, but spores can also latch themselves onto people and pets who travel in and out of the home frequently.

If you’ve begun to notice a heightened, potentially toxic mold presence in your home, you may be experiencing some concern – Is this safe for my family?

The truth is, all mold has the potential to be toxic. Elevated mold growth can be toxic to anyone, depending on the individual. Depending on the level of mold spores inside the property, your home and its occupants may or may not be at risk. Each individual has their own sensitivities to specific allergens. A mold that may cause symptoms for one person may not have any effect on the next person. The important thing is that you do not have a heightened level of any kind of mold in your home. Mold becomes more of a risk when it begins to grow excessively inside a structure such as your home. Whether you are experiencing symptoms or not, you do not want excessive mold growth in your home. It causes damage to the structure of your home, and of course, the potential to damage one’s health.


Fear No Mold — Toxic Mold Removal

The idea of toxic mold removal is a common concern when discussing excessive mold growth in ones home. To use the term “toxic” implies that the mold spores themselves are toxic, though this is generally untrue. As previously mentioned, any mold has the potential to become “toxic” to any individual. The term “toxic mold” refers to the mycotoxins that are released into the air by mold spores. Mycotoxins are toxic chemicals that can cause potential adverse health effect. Various mold species are able to produce these mycotoxins that may be dangerous for humans. Adverse health effects occur based on not only an individual’s specific sensitivity, but also the amount of time one was exposed to mycotoxins. The level of mold concentration in the area also has a role in these adverse health effects.

The most important thing to remember is that excessive indoor mold growth is problematic, regardless of whether or not it is toxic. Aside from potential health implications, indoor mold growth and the underlying moisture source can lead to serious property damage, structural damage and diminished property value. Regardless of mold type, toxic or not toxic, elevated door mold growth MUST be actively removed. The moisture source must be properly addressed as well.


The Infamously Feared Toxic Black Mold

Black mold, or Stachybotrys, is one of the few species of mold that is not naturally occurring. Stachybotrys is most commonly associated with significant water damage. Water damage must be addressed immediately, because you don’t want to continually expose yourself to potential dangers such as black mold. Just like any other kind of mold, prolonged exposure to black mold can cause the same potential adverse effects on one’s health.

Studies have shown that indoor mold exposure has been linked to various upper respiratory symptoms among others. Symptoms range from mild to severe depending on each individual’s sensitivities and the mold species.toxic mold exposure symptoms

  • Coughing
  • Wheezing
  • Sneezing & stuffy/runny nose
  • Irritated throat
  • Itchy eyes
  • Skin irritation

Black mold can be a very serious issue that requires professional toxic mold removal. The significant, underlying water damage requires proper cleanup with safe & effective toxic mold remediation to follow. Again, mold development of any kind can mean serious property damage. It is important for South Jersey homeowners to understand that mold needs to be actively removed to protect your family and your property.


The Importance of Safe & Effective Toxic Mold Removal

Mold can often go unnoticed for a long time for many reasons. You may not know what to look for when looking for mold, or you may have simply not seen it. Your home may even contain conditions that promote mold growth without you even realizing it. Mold is opportunistic, if it sees a chance for growth, it takes it. Any warm, moist environment gives mold the opportunity to latch itself on and begin to spread. When mold spores find themselves in areas of excessive moisture and warmth, they continue to expand as much as possible, leading to mold issues inside the home. Mold issues are not to be taken lightly. If you are concerned about mold in your home, contact a professional South Jersey mold remediation company as soon as possible. If mold is given the chance to continue spreading, it may result in extensive property damage and also potential health implications. Don’t let this scare you, any mold problem that may occur in your home can be taken care of by a professional mold remediation company in South Jersey.

Take the Next Step

Help is a click or call away.

Get Help Now

RECOGNITION & AFFILIATIONS

Before You Call Just Any Mold Removal Company…

Read our “Things to Consider” guide for choosing the right mold removal professional.

Get the Guide